Friday, August 29, 2008

CUPCAKE FIASCO!


Today was Isaac's birthday. Cherry has this saying and it goes something like this if you do too many things you don't do any of them well. That pretty much sums up my life right now.
I am posting this from work and I pretty much intended on doing it all day today but didn't get a chance.
SOME OF ISAAC'S FAVORITES
BLUE
LIONS
STAR WARS
VULTRON
I AM A CHILD OF GOD
COWBOY
ENGLISH MUFFINS
OATMEAL
PIZZA
ROCKY ROAD
GEORGE AND JAYDEN
UNCLE JIMMY AND UNCLE JOHNNY
AUNT KERI TIFFANY AND CHERRY
LEGOS WITH DAD
THE BEACH
LAKE MILLERTON
MAGIC MOUNTAIN
CAMPING
GRANDMA'S AND GRANDPAS
Isaac wanted Breakfast in bed for his birthday. So knowing that I would just be getting home from work when he got up I bought cinnamon rolls from Costco. Rob had him served and munching away when I got home. Then he wanted to take cupcakes to school. Rob made the cupcakes the night before and I was planning on frosting them. I made the frosting and put these little star wars bouncy balls on top. They actually looked cute(for 2.5 seconds). Then we got in the car to go get Isaac and the frosting melted and the balls started spinning off of the cupcakes and it was not looking so pretty. Brianna said mom no one will like those :(. She was right so we headed straight to the grocery store. We bought cupcakes but by the time we got back to the school and found parking and I walked both Brianna (with no shoes because she only grabbed one on the way out the door and didn't like the pair that was still in the car) and Seth carrying cupcakes most of his class was gone. His teacher is so really really nice she said she would put them in the fridge until Tuesday. I don't know why I didn't just go and get them at the store in the first place. I don't know why I think that I could make a cute enough cupcake. I guess because I surround myself with incredibly talented friends.Why didn't I call Shannon and ask for help? Isaac forgave me. Mrs. Garcia (his kindergarten teacher) said its great it just makes his birthday last longer.I love her!
The day did get better we went out to pizza and then Brianna had her first soccer practice. Matt is coaching the team. (He does everything and still does it well)He was so incredible with her. She even wore her uniform to bed. She is so excited.Then we went to Rite Aid and got ice cream.

2 comments:

stephensfamily said...

I think you are very talented! Everything I make turns out great when I make it for my family. Then when I go to make it for an occasion or someone else it always goes all wrong!!!

Briana said...

We're not even allowed to bring in homemade stuff. I'm glad -- gives me a reason for not being Holly Homemaker like all the other moms. :)

About Me

My photo
Most days I love my life even in the moments things aren't pretty I usually find that I can learn something from them