Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Four Shots!



Sometimes I wonder how Heavenly Father could possibly trust me with my kids when they are so very different. Can I really be a good mother to all of them when they are so very opposite? Or maybe Rob will make up the difference. It does boggle my mind sometimes. I took Brianna to get her last set of immunizations before kindergarten. As we were waiting in the waiting room she was flipping through a magazine and stopped at a picture of a fashion model and said mom is she cuter than you. I said yes she is but she is probably not nicer and I think that is more important. Then she said I told you there are people hotter than you. Man is she really 20 in that little pint size barely two percentile frame? Brenna has earings and so Brianna thinks she should have her ears pierced. I never really had a set time when I would have it done for her except I just wanted it to be when I knew that she wanted it. So I told her if she was brave enough for her shots she could get her ears pierced, it is a similar pain. So she was excited to go get her shots. Well until we were actually there in the Doctor's office and it was about to happen. She started crying even before the Doctor came into the room. He said what is wrong with her. I told him she knows she is getting shots. He said okay I will have my nurse give you the "little ones" that helped a little until the first needle pierced her skin and then her shriek could be heard three counties away in either direction. The nurse said it is okay you can scream. She did. I barely made it through the shots. Isaac just sat there when he got his a few years ago and didn't even make a peep. I really wasn't expecting that from Brianna but I didn't realize how dramatic she would be either. I asked if she still wanted her ears pierced and she said "Not today" so I guess I will wait until she asks again.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Ooooh! Those Kindergarten shots are bad. Matthew was fine with the shots, it was the finger prick that sent him over the edge. I told him it would not hurt and when it did...he was so mad at me! But if it keeps her from getting her ears pierced for a few more years...great!

Kelly said...

Man, that kid has some spunk. Whatever, Faith Hill is still not as pretty as you, inside and out. Too funny. I have never had a calm kid for their kindergarten shots. Mia is probably my best bet. Justin and Emma both swore they would never go back to the doctor after the kindergarten shots.

Jennifer Knight said...

Is it cruel that I found humor in that incident? Yeah, probably. But poor kid. I hate shots too. You can probably bet she will not be a body piercer!

Nat, you ARE hot! But it's great that you are focusing her on the things more important than looks.

About Me

My photo
Most days I love my life even in the moments things aren't pretty I usually find that I can learn something from them