Monday, March 23, 2009

MARCH 23




She has never had it easy. Her life started out hard and continues to be and yet she has no idea how grateful I am to call her mother. All of my life I have been blessed to be surrounded by extremely beautiful and talented women. I am not sure why this is but of all the women I know I respect and admire her the most and always have. Even as a teenager when most girls couldn't stand their mothers I knew that mine was extraordinary. Perhaps it has been the trials that have refined her to who she is. Just when I think her life should get easier something overwhelmingly trying comes along. Perhaps she is just too capable. I have never known her to give up. I look at my life at times and wonder if I think that I can do so much because I watched her do it. Reality is I have never faced the kind of difficult trials that she has and probably never will, because she has sheltered me from them. Her sacrifice has always blessed my life from the very beginning. She would drive miles to come back to the hospital to nurse me. I am so blessed in my life to be raised by sister to and friend to so many supreme examples of woman who are strong. I hope with all of my heart that my daughter will grow up to be this kind of woman. Perhaps that is one of the reasons I chose to have her on my mothers birthday! Happy Birthday Mom and Brianna.Brianna, I hope you always know how much you add to my life and how glad I am that you were born in our family that stems from some very remarkable women. It seems like your Dad gave you a name and a blessing just the other day and yet here we are today you are 5.

4 comments:

Pam said...

What a beautiful tribute! And your Mom is amazing! All that beauty and brains in one family! Wow!

Kelly said...

Natalie, that was just beautiful.

KMJ said...

Very cute picture of mom and daughters/sisters. U are blessed to live close to them.

Lee said...

Natalie I just read your blog and the tears are falling like rain. You have always been such a remarkable daughter.I appreciate the love and strength you give me.I love the way you live your life. I am so proud of you.You did not even tell me to look at the blog. I got to read it when I needed a boost. You and your sisters are the most amazing women I know. A parent can only be as good as her children will allow. God was so good to me when he gave me the most precious little pink bundle. How grateful I am I love you so much. You handle the most amazing load with so much skill and love. I watch your life with awe.Thank you for blessing my life yet another time.Every role you play in life you play with excellence. That includes your role as daughter. Thank youmy precious.

About Me

My photo
Most days I love my life even in the moments things aren't pretty I usually find that I can learn something from them