Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bubble Wrap


My brothers all three of them at least one time have told me that I live in a bubble. Funny how now that I work graveyards in the Emergency room, I take so much more comfort in that bubble. Is it really a bad thing to be distanced from this world that we live in? I was almost brought to tears the other night when I had to witness the tragic circumstances of an innocent child. I live in Simi Valley I can't even imagine (of course I can't because I live in a bubble) how much worse it is in some other places or how much more frequent. I am in the middle of my first full week back at work since I had Jaynee and fortunately Rob has been able to take care of her through the night even though she won't take a bottle, which honestly I am not that sad about since pumping is something that bursts my bubble UGGG...As I am writing this there is a belligerent patient screaming obsenities in that background and only ten minutes ago a father made very clear to me that he was not ever married to the mother of his teenage son. I felt awkward because I called her his wife. Am I the only one who finds that backward? Bubbles are great I think that I will blow some later today with Seth and Jaynee and hope they enjoy them as much as I do and for sure going to need a bubble bath after this shift.

2 comments:

Pam said...

I am right there with you. I am very comfortable in my bubble:)

the Roberts said...

Being in the bubble is nice. I read a lot of historical fiction that just makes me so happy that I've got it so good. We just don't realize how awful this world really is.

About Me

My photo
Most days I love my life even in the moments things aren't pretty I usually find that I can learn something from them