Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tears Tears and more Tears

A few monthes ago Isaac came home from school and said Barack Obama for president. I was a little taken back and said oh Isaac where did you hear that. At school of course. I said well actually Isaac I am voting for Mccain and so is your father. If it had just been me and my vote it would have been discounted I am sure. But Isaac loves and adores his Dad so Mccain then became the man for president. We have been highly involved in Proposition 8. First and far most because the Prophet told us that we needed to invest our time and means into this and that it required our best effort. The ideal family begins with a loving father and mother. There is not a doubt in my mind that their are other loving family make ups out there. However do we think that we know better than our creator what should constitute a family? My heart goes out to those who are living in a homosexual lifestyle. It is a hard life no matter how pretty a picture they paint. It is not an easy way of life. Well my kids have seen the signs have known that I was going to work on the campaign have been kept from McDonalds until they recently ended the boycott. Isaac would get excited when he saw a sign and once he said hey Dad Proposition 8 they probably go to church and if it passes can we go to McDonalds again. So I thought I would share the results with him this morning on his way out the door. Isaac it looks like Proposition 8 passed. But our next President is Obama and then his eyes just gushed with tears. I want to sob too for other reasons. I lost a friend over this 8 campaign. It makes me sad but I can not be the person that this person wants and really never could be. I guess I just need to accept that. It is hard to deal with rejection on any level. I guess I shouldn't be shocked when my 7 year old deals with the disappointments of life with eyes filled with tears since that is what he sees his mother do. I just didn't realize that his little heart got so involved in this election. I almost said Obama this morning again and my husband stopped me short. I guess we will give him a little while.

5 comments:

Analiese said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Analiese said...

Thanks for sharing!
We only get to see what the media show us here so I am sure it is biased.
People are so passionate about politics and I am sorry that you had to lose a friend out of it - maybe it wasn't a real friend!
Dont worry, I will always be your friend no matter what :)
And can you go to McDonalds now???

Oportos said...

Good job mom! I think it is so great that you got your children involved with the election! I also feel for you over the Prop 8. I know many of us have gay friends who we love very much, and have managed to find common ground. I fear that as the world continues on its course that ground is going to become shakier and shakier and we have to make our stand as to what we truly believe and want for families. Your story is not the first and I know will not be the last. I am sure some of those tears were not just yous sons.
love ya terra

Jennifer Knight said...

Nat, I was thinking just the same kind of thing about friends- I had a few people I have known since childhood take me off their friend list on Facebook after I made comments on my page about the "Home Invasion" ad. I have been thinking about how it is quickly becoming a world where you have to make your choice - are you with the Lord or not? And we may have to give up friends. It breaks my heart. But it makes me treasure my friendship with people like you, who I haven't been able to spend much time with in, oh, 18 years or so, even more. I feel such a connection to all the Saints I meet or renew acquaintance with online and in visiting Simi. It helps ease the sadness of seeing others I care deeply about choose the wrong path.

Anonymous said...

Natalie you said that so perfectly. You are an amazing friend and mother! Keep your head held high!
Big Hugs!Ü

About Me

My photo
Most days I love my life even in the moments things aren't pretty I usually find that I can learn something from them