Monday, November 10, 2008

This season we were so blessed because my brother in law was coaching my niece and asked for Brianna to be on his team. I thought he was brave. This being her first year playing. Matt my brother in law is an excellent coach he treated each of those girls like they were the super star of the team. Gracie his daughter averaged about eight goals a game she has the game figured out and since it was three on three with no goalie she took over the field. It was just fun to watch their were a couple of teams this season that matched her but for the most part she was free to score. She set up every player on our team at least a few times this season which was fun because everyone love to see their little girl kick the ball in the net. Well after the first game Brianna thought she would get a trophy so when we broke the news to her that she didn't get it until the end of the season OH the flood of tears that errupted. She doesn't just cry either she stomps and screams and the whole entire world knows when she is not happy. So leaving the soccer field we got more than a few leary looks as our daughter errupted into a full tantrum. We tried to reason with her and explain that she did not get a trophy until the end of the season. But really what were we thinking once a four year old gets something into their head... Well I think she finally settled down after the car ride home. Which was fun with her screaming and Isaac yelling make her stop she is hurting my ears. Seth starting to cry because she is.. you can just imagine. So we worried that was going to happen after every game. It was just that first game fortunately but she got that trophy at the team party Saturday night and it did not leave her hands until she fell asleep and we pried it out. I will miss watching her on the field she is so spicey she even went behind a line up of girls on the other team once and stuck her tongue at each one of them behind their backs...I have no idea where she gets that from. I will miss watching her play soccer and especially her little rosey cheeks after she has just played the game with all the might her little four year old itty bitty frame could give.

1 comment:

the Roberts said...

I am so excited for K to get bigger and play sports. It is so cute watching them and get so excited about a plastic gold trophy. Girls are drama, I don't even know what I am in for yet, do I? So cute, though.

About Me

My photo
Most days I love my life even in the moments things aren't pretty I usually find that I can learn something from them