Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Isaac's First Concert


Isaac is taking piano lessons and likes to practice as well as I did. My entire career of piano which was very short lived since I never practiced and would fight with Tiffany half hour before every piano lesson for the piano so I didn't look like I hadn't practiced all week. So needless to say it is a battle to get him to practice. He really didn't want to be in the recital and I wasn't sure how it was going to go. We walked in a couple of minutes late with Brianna in tears because she didn't want to go. My Dad took Brianna and Seth whew! Then we sat down Isaac was third on the list to perform. The first person went the next person went Shawna annonced Isaac and he shook his head. She said lets give Isaac some time... I wispered you didn't want to go third cause three is not your best number you would rather be fourth right... Oh thanks goodness for small miracles after the now third person finished he jumped up and went to the piano. It was great...he played the keys one by one as Shawna pointed to them. He clapped for himself on his way back down to sit with us and he said he wanted to do it again next year.. Just the week before he was done with piano and I told him he had to finish out the year. I am so glad that he has Shawna as a teacher she is so patient with him and caters to his ability.

3 comments:

Jennifer Knight said...

You are so smart to think of the comment about how he was just waiting to go fourth. What a great mom!

Pam said...

OK...proven again...you are a great Mom! I am sure he did wonderful!

Shawna said...

Isaac was awesome! He was very excited on Monday =) He even won 2 piano games all on his own. He's starting to remember where the white keys are as well. Yeah!!!

About Me

My photo
Most days I love my life even in the moments things aren't pretty I usually find that I can learn something from them