Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Mommy got run over by a raindeer!








Really that is what I feel like. Christmas came and went too fast something must have taken me out! This year was really tight for us. I usually start shopping early on in the year but this year there just hasn't been extra cash. So I felt like it was a whirlwind in the end trying to make sure everything was done. Christmas came and I really still didn't feel ready I only got half of my Christmas cards sent. So don't be surprized if you get a Christmas card in the middle of January (that is wishful thinking on my part it might be more like Easter before I finish addressing them.) I have had a slight cold and I don't really do well under the weather. Santa came to my mom's on Christmas Eve and he is always lots of fun. Brianna was so fun to watch. We saw Santa at the ward Christmas party and then we saw him at Oakridge and both times she asked him for a snowglobe. So when Santa handed her a monkey game she looked at him puzzled and said I don't like monkeys and this is not what I wanted. Silly...I told her Santa needed his snow and so he couldn't bring her a snowglobe until Christmas morning...Seth was terrified of Santa this year he couldn't get far enough away from him. However when Santa brought him Diego Dominoes Seth would not put them down. Maybe part of my feeling like it all came and went too fast this year was that I had to work. Santa got about two minutes of instruction and then called me three times at work and still the stockings were not exactly as planned but hey at least Santa tried since I couldn't be there to help him. The kids actually slept in a little on Christmas morning so I had a brief nap before we opened presents. Working nights is getting to me though and so energy is not something that I have enough of. The Varners stayed with us and that was great since they are dream guests. They smell good and they help out and they don't expect anything. I think this is the first Christmas that Rob's entire family was together since we were married. It was lovely.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love that your guests "smell good." That is just too funny.

stephensfamily said...

That smells good was an awesome comment. I wish we could hang out more. Or I could help you. You need to let me help when you need a nap or let me have my future daughter in law over. Bry wrote that on his New Years memories list. That his girlfriend was Brianna.

About Me

My photo
Most days I love my life even in the moments things aren't pretty I usually find that I can learn something from them